- Advocating getting back our land, as a results of this we have several court cases against salt investors.
- We have petitioned the National Land Commission (NLC) with respect to historical and ongoing land injustices in the Magarini Salt Belt in the Coastal Region of Kenya.
- We are advocating for the registration of a vibrant trade union and conducting of a baseline survey on the health effects of salt to workers in the salt sub-sector.
- We undertake environmental rehabilitation on the degraded areas by planting trees through MRF member organizations.
- We conduct community sensitization forums on MRF thematic areas.
- Establishment of MRF through solidarity buildup of Self Help Groups in the Magarini Salt Belt to advocate for human rights.
- We have been able to secure court injunctions to stop the expansion of the salt extractives industries.
- The release of the Malindi Public Inquiry Report-2006 online by the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) was a big mile stone.
- The petition to the National Land Commission (NLC) resulted to the verification of boundaries of the salt firm, blocked rivers and closed access routes to the beach.
- We have established a strong network and collaborating with mind partners.
- We have petitioned the National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) on environmental degradation, this has resulted to the insurance of a stop order to Krystaline Salt Ltd – Marereni which had violated the NEMA license conditions.
- We profound of funding by American Jewish World Services- AJWS- Pursuing global justice through grassroots change.